Tesla has begun recruiting employees to organize the work of Giga Mexico. The company is forming a finance and business operations team to support its ambitious goals at the new Gigafactory.
In the middle of this week, Tesla announced the construction of a new factory, which will be located in Mexico. The company chose Nuevo León, whose close proximity to Texas played an important role in its selection. According to the country's officials, Tesla plans to start construction in three months and complete it faster than Giga Shanghai was built—i.e., in less than nine months.
In this regard, Tesla is looking for a finance and business operations team to support its ambitious goals at Gigafactory Mexico, which was first noticed by Tesmanian. The Tesla financial team is closely linked to all functional areas of the factory and future strategic planning. The company expects team members not only to be skilled in analyzing data and providing recommendations, but also to lead cross-functional decision-making processes with executives at all levels of the company, and to lead the implementation of recommendations and decisions made with these executives.
Tesla sets the following tasks:
- Set profit/cost targets for Gigafactory Mexico and manage workstreams to achieve these targets
- Set capacity targets and set build plans against these targets – facilitate decisions around capacity expansion based on production constraints, sales trends, and other factors
- Evaluate investments to inform decisions on level of automation, manufacturing scope, and manufacturing location for Gigafactory Mexico and its suppliers
- Provide analytical support and strategic feedback on manufacturing costs to inform product decisions
The Analyst/Associate, FP&A Business Operations candidate must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required and/or equivalent experience
- Working Proficiency in Spanish
- Evidence of exceptional ability across prior academic and professional pursuits
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Excellent modeling/data analysis skills
- Demonstrated success working in an ambiguous environment involving both quantitative analysis as well as strategic planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with executives / senior leadership
- Engineering and other technical degrees are a plus
© 2023, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.