The results of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) are in, and Tesla again is one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality. Tesla's 2022 CEI rating marks the 7th time the manufacturer has received a high HRC rating.
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index is the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices, and benefits pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer employees. HRC notes that 842 businesses that meet all the criteria received a 100 percent rating and the Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality title in 2022. Employers with the highest CEI ratings represent almost every industry and region in the US, according to the statement.
To achieve top rankings, these employers have taken concrete steps to develop and implement comprehensive policies, benefits, and practices that provide greater equity for LGBTQ+ workers and their families. By meeting all the criteria, Tesla is one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality for the 7th year in a row, scoring 100 out of 100 possible points.
We are trying to accelerate sustainable energy, so what matters is how much someone can contribute to that goal.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 1, 2022
Personal choices are your own and are respected.
Tesla earned the highest marks possible in CEI criteria:
- Workforce Protections 30/30
- Inclusive Benefits 30/30
- Supporting an Inclusive Culture & Corporate Social Responsibility 40/40
Workforce Protections sub-criteria:
- Policy includes sexual orientation for all operations
- Policy includes gender identity or expression for all operations
Inclusive Benefits sub-criteria:
- Equivalency in same- and different-sex spousal medical and soft benefits
- Equivalency in same- and different-sex domestic partner medical and soft benefits
- Equal health coverage for transgender individuals without exclusion for medically necessary care
Supporting an Inclusive Culture & Corporate Social Responsibility sub-criteria:
- Three LGBTQ Internal Training and Education Best Practices
- Employee group –or–Diversity council
- Three Distinct Efforts of Outreach or Engagement to Broader LGBTQ Community
- LGBTQ Corporate Social Responsibility
© 2022, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.