Tesla Giga Shanghai plans to hire a Battery Production Supervisor and have other job openings related to battery manufacturing or assembly. Battery production will play a crucial role in the success of Giga Shanghai’s vehicle production ramp.
Tesla listed a job vacancy for a Battery Production Supervisor in Shanghai, Shanghai, on its official career page. Unlike most of the other positions on Tesla’s career page, there was no description of the job. Only the Battery Production Supervisor’s responsibilities and requirements were enumerated.
The responsibilities of the Battery Production Supervisor in Giga Shanghai were listed as follows:
- Develop & maintain standardized work Instructions used in production by the production associates.
- Support the development of Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to identify critical risks in the production processes with the Manufacturing Process Engineers.
- Develop training programs and hiring plans for production associates.
- Support of control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the production process.
- Manage Supervisors, Leads and Production Associates and develop the team structures used in the Tesla Factory.
- Support issue resolution, including root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process and support no defects from leaving a station or team area.
Based on the requirements listed for the job opening, Tesla wants a supervisor with knowledge of production systems and processes and experience with a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Credit: Tesla China
Tesla’s China-based factory has been making tremendous progress in terms of construction, particularly in Phase 2, which could produce the MIC Model Y. Giga Shanghai has also started making the MIC Model 3 Long Range RWD.
Giga Shanghai’s battery assembly building (Phase 1.5) was completed a couple of months ago. Phase 1.5 will house the production lines for battery pack assembly, electric motor, and motor controllers for the made-in-China Model 3 and eventually, the Model Y.
Last month, news broke that Giga Shanghai planned to increase its car parts production capacity and boost vehicle production by 73%. Battery production will be as crucial as ever since Giga Shanghai already began manufacturing the Model 3 Longe Range RWD, and construction on the building for Model Y production has started to ramp.
Other battery-related positions that are open for Giga Shanghai are listed below.
- Wire Bonding Manufacturing Engineer, Battery
- Laser Weld Manufacturing Engineer, Battery
- Data Scientist Manufacturing Engineering, Battery
- Launch Design Engineer - HV Battery Module
- Battery Production Associate Manager
- Battery EOL Supervisor
- Battery Quality Engineer
- Battery Quality Engineering Associate Manager
- Battery Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Battery Metrology Engineer
- Sr. Battery Metrology Engineer
- Battery Material Analyze Engineer
Featured Image Credit: [geniuses sub this channel]/youtubeFollow @PurplePanda88
About the Author
Ma. Claribelle Deveza
Longtime writer and news/book editor. Writing about Tesla allows me to contribute something good to the world, while doing something I love.