Tesla just officially announced the MCU2 infotainment upgrade is now available. This upgrade will allow you to access new features, as well as a more advanced and smoother user experience.
• More responsive and smoother touchscreen
• Faster browser with video playback and 3D rendering support
• Displays Bluetooth® media album art
• Removes AM, FM and Sirius XM radio
Your car will still have access to internet radio and music streaming*
• Includes graphics-intense Tesla Arcade games like Beach Buggy Racing 2, Cuphead and Stardew Valley
• Enables gamepad compatibility
• Enables video streaming and access to YouTube, Netflix, Hulu and Twitch through the Tesla Theater*
• Adds Caraoke* and TRAX
• Enhanced Driving Visualization for owners with Full Self-Driving Capability Computer
• Records from all cameras for DashCam and Sentry Mode for cars with the Full Self-Driving Computer
• Supports 5GHz Wi-Fi networks
This infotainment upgrade is for owners of Model S and Model X built March 2018 or earlier, and the total cost will be $2,500.
“Eligible owners will be invited by email to schedule an appointment to purchase and install the Infotainment Upgrade through Tesla Service. This upgrade is available for $2,500 plus applicable tax including installation. You won’t be able to purchase the upgrade before we notify you that your car is eligible.”
Also from the official announcement:
“Owners with Full Self-Driving Capability will receive early access to the Infotainment Upgrade and a complimentary upgrade to the Full Self-Driving Computer during their appointment. Purchase Full Self Driving Capability from your Tesla app or Tesla Account to enjoy priority access the Infotainment Upgrade.”
For more detail, please visit here.