Photo: Jade Nelson
Tesla continues to develop its efforts to enter the Indian market. After the company hired a number of senior executives, it is reported that the first Tesla Model 3s have been delivered to the country for testing.
Correspondent of CNBC-TV18 News in Mumbai Alisha Sachdev announced via her Twitter that, according to her sources, the first three Model 3s are already in the country. The vehicles were delivered to Mumbai on June 4 in the afternoon local time. She also said that more vehicles may be on the way. It seems that local residents, including public figures, are pleasantly excited about Tesla's arrival in India.
Apart from this, CNBC-TV18 India also reported some facts via its Twitter. Despite the fact that its tweet was posted before Sachdev's tweet and did not yet contain updated delivery information, there are some other interesting facts to be found in it.
- Tesla Looks To Bring In Model 3 Cars To India By July-August For Testing
- Tesla Cars To Be Brought In For Testing, ARAI Approvals
- Back-End Work Underway By Tesla To Get Pdt Ready For Sale Before 2021-End
- Tesla Plans To Set Up Showrooms In 3-4 Metros Like Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi
- Tesla May Look At A Franchise Model For Aftersales Workshops In India
- Tesla India Currently A 6-member Leadership Team
- Tesla India Team Saw Latest Appointment On June 1
- Tesla Discussing Hiring For 'Confidential' Leadership Roles
- Tesla Looking To Expand Team In Next Couple Of Months
- Tesla's Senior Leadership To Operate Out Of Mumbai
- Tesla To Go Slow With India Plans; Testing Waters With Major Metros
- Mandate To Team Is To Achieve Customer Experience Consistent With Global Standards
Sources say @Tesla looks to bring in model 3 cars to India by July-August for testing.— CNBC-TV18 (@CNBCTV18Live) June 4, 2021
Back-end work underway by #Tesla to get product ready for sale before 2021-end.
Here's more. #CNBCTV18Exclusive pic.twitter.com/AiczNzzamx
Earlier it was reported that Tesla had selected the Mumbai prime area to host its first corporate office in India. In addition, a company store will also be set up there. In April, it became known that the company had hired a number of senior executives, including a Human Resources Leader. This step testifies to the planned active development in the market in order to start working in the country as soon as possible.
© 2021, Eva Fox. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.