Tesla has invited investors to ask and vote on questions they would like to discuss during the Q4 2022 Earnings Call. The company's management will answer top questions from the voting results.
Tesla will post its financial results for Q4 and the whole of 2022 after market close on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q4 and full year 2022 update, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla management will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.
Tesla is working with Say, a shareholder Q&A platform to get the investors talking. Shareholders have to link their brokerage account with the platform, after which they will be able to ask their questions. At the time of this writing, more than 8,800 shareholders, representing more than 5.7!million shares, have already taken part in asking questions and/or voting. However, this is a relatively small number of shareholders, so the top questions may still change closer to the date of the Earnings Call.
At the moment, the top 3 questions (by the number of shares):
1. After recent price cuts, analysts released expectations that Tesla automotive gross margin excluding leases and reg credits will drop below 20% and average selling price around $47k across all models. Where do you see average selling price and gross margins after the price cuts?
2.3M TSLA Shares Represented
2. Please provide a detailed explanation of where you are on the 4680 ramp. What are the current road blocks? When do you expire t to scale to 10,000 vehicles a week?
1.8M TSLA Shares Represented
3. The Solar Roof product continues to struggle to gain traction. What has Tesla learned from this and what changes do you foresee in future Solar Roof versions to increase scale?
1.8M TSLA Shares Represented
Other popular questions that received a lot of votes include:
- Is Cybertruck production still on track for mid year?
- What kind of margins do you expect for the stationary energy storage business in 2023 and then 2024 and beyond? Separately, will you consider reporting energy volumes in the P&D report?
- What is the US the current production and future 2-year forecast of Tesla energy: Powerwall, Megapack, Tesla virtual power?
- When will Tesla announce production Cybertruck specs and pricing?
- Since Elon started political influencing, polls from Morning Consult & YouGov show Tesla brand favorability declining in 2022 and division along partisan lines. Such brand damage can impact demand. Does Tesla track favorability and how will any brand damage be mitigated?
© 2023, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.