Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) invited investors to ask and vote on questions they would like discussed during its Q3 2023 earnings call. Cybertruck deliveries is the most important question for investors.
Tesla will release its financial results for the third quarter of 2023 after market close on Wednesday, October 18. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q3 2023 update, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla management will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.
Tesla is working with Say, a shareholder Q&A platform, to give investors a voice. Shareholders need to link their brokerage account to the platform, after which they can submit the questions that they want the company to answer during the earnings call. As of this writing, over 4,000 shareholders representing over 6.36 million shares have already participated in asking questions and/or voting. However, this is a relatively small number of shareholders, so underlying questions may change closer to the announced earnings date.
Apparently, the issue of Cybertruck deliveries is the most pressing among shareholders. They do not expect deliveries this year to be significant, as Elon Musk warned in advance. However, the question of how many Tesla expects to deliver in 2024 is highly relevant and could be important to their investment decisions for the next year.
At the moment, the top 5 questions (by the number of shares):
- How many Cybertruck deliveries do you anticipate for 2024? (1.6K Votes, 3.0M TSLA Shares Represented)
- When do you expect Model 3 Highland to be available in the US? (850 Votes, 2.5M TSLA Shares Represented)
- Can you provide a progress update on the 4680 Cell? Particularly progress towards performance improvements and cost savings outlined on battery day. Thank You! (552 Votes, 2.4M TSLA Shares Represented)
- Could you please provide an update on (i) capacity expansion plans for the company's factories in Berlin and Austin and (ii) the opening schedule of Gigafactory Mexico? (354 Votes, 2.2M TSLA Shares Represented)
- Why was the price dropped on FSD if it is getting better and robotaxi is expected so soon? (153 Votes, 2.0M TSLA Shares Represented)
If you are a Tesla shareholder, you can visit the platform to ask your question or vote for those already asked. Company management usually answers the most popular questions from retail investors during the earnings call.
© 2023, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.