Dogecoin is gaining more acceptance and has now entered the real estate segment. A Gig Harbor, Washington based developer—Harbor Custom Development—plans to start taking some cryptocurrencies as payment for its real estate later this month.
The popularity of cryptocurrencies continues to grow and they are gaining widespread acceptance. Developers are increasingly accepting cryptocurrencies as payment for houses under construction. The Gig Harbor, Washington-based developer said it will begin accepting cryptocurrencies in January, including Dogecoin, as payment for its listed land, developed lands, family homes, condominiums, and apartments in the company’s markets in Washington, California, Texas, and Florida.
Among the cryptocurrencies the company will accept are BTC, ETH, USD Coin, DOGE, SHIBA INU, Litecoin, Dai, Bitcoin Cash, Pax Dollar, Binance USD, Gemini Dollar, and Wrapped Bitcoin. This indicates the great flexibility and willingness of the developer to offer the most convenient payment terms for the client. Harbor Custom Development COO Jeff Habersetzer emphasized that this business model significantly differentiates the company from other peers in the industry.
Sterling Griffin, President, and CEO said in a press release: “By accepting digital currencies, Harbor not only opens the door to entities with combined market caps exceeding $1 trillion of purchasing power but places Harbor in the first-mover position of adoption. Our clear objective is to drive shareholder value while acting as the thought leader within our industry group.”
Harbor Custom Development’s current local projects
- Soundview Estates, Bremerton: 25 homes
- Mills Crossing, Bremerton: 36 townhome apartments under construction
- Pacific Ridge, Tacoma: 80 condominiums under construction
- Wyndstone, Yelm: 76 apartments units under construction
- Olympic Sunset View Apartment Project, Belfair: 226 units under construction
- Tanglewilde, Olympia Apartments: 177 under construction
Harbor Custom Development’s future local projects
- Bridgeview Apartments, Port Orchard: 138 units, site construction starts spring 2022
- Broadmoor Commons, Bremerton: 32 townhome apartments, construction starts this month
- Westry Village, Poulsbo: 66 townhomes, spring 2022
© 2022, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Article edited by @SmokeyShorts, you can follow him on Twitter
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.