Tesla is expanding the Autopilot team in Europe. New jobs in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Munich, Germany to improve Tesla's autopilot system hint at FSD Beta testing in the region.
Tesla continues to work hard to deliver full autonomous driving. The company's efforts are focused on the developments that are being made as part of its FSD Beta. The current version of the software proved to be excellent. While it is not yet fully self-driving, many testers say they do many hours of driving without a single intervention. The development of the company in this direction is so good that in version 12 of FSD Beta, Tesla plans to abandon the use of the word “beta” in the name of the software, as Elon Musk previously stated.
With great achievements in the development of full self-driving, Tesla is poised to expand into new markets outside of the US and Canada. Recently, the company has opened several job postings for Autopilot operators around the world, including the US, Canada, and Australia, highlighting its efforts.
In addition, Tesla aims to develop in Europe, which is its third largest market in the world. According to a job listing on the manufacturer's website, the company is looking for an Autopilot Data Collection Operator / Driver. Jobs are posted for Amsterdam, Netherlands and Munich, Germany.
Tesla wrote: “We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to help accelerate vehicle level data collection for the Autopilot team. The Prototype Vehicle Operator will help drive improvement of Tesla’s Autopilot system by operating and becoming an expert on our prototype data collection vehicles across the EU. This role requires a high level of flexibility, as frequent travel is necessary on this team.”
What You’ll Do
- Drive a pre-determined test route daily for data collection and provide feedback on the performance of the test vehicle.
- Start/Stop recording devices and do minor equipment/software debugging when necessary. Analyze/report data collected during shift.
- Write daily drive reports detailing observations and issues.
- Check vehicle is in proper and safe working order every day, and if not, notify team for repair.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; Day/night shifts with the ability to work 1 day per weekend. Overtime is also typical for this position.
What You’ll Bring
- Clean driving record and safe driving habits.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly observational.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent PC skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with ADAS/Autopilot systems and their sensors is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle systems and how they work, such as brakes and power assisted steering, is preferred.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
© 2023, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.