Photo courtesy of Tesla, Inc.
As expected, Tesla is stepping up its recruitment efforts for the Semi program. Initial vacancies for manufacturing in the US, which were only announced internally, appear to have been filled, and the company has now begun an open search for service technicians.
Tesla's President of Heavy Trucking Jerome Guillen announced through his LinkedIn that the company is looking for additional mobile Semi service technicians. He brought in those who have experience in the service of Class 8 trucks and, of course, are committed to Tesla's mission. Guillen also clarified that positions are available in northern California and Nevada.
"Looking for additional mobile Semi service technicians. If you have experience in Class 8 service and are passionate about Tesla and its mission: please apply! You will play a critical role to develop the best truck ever! Positions available in northern California and Nevada."
At the moment, on the Tesla website, you can find seven positions related to the Semi program, which are located in different locations: Process Technician and Semi Service Technician.
A Process Technician for Semi is required for Gigafactory Nevada. The specialist must perform the tasks of maintaining the technological process for the production line in various mechanical and chemical processes. So, the employee will be engaged directly in production.
However, Tesla is now actively working to create a network of service technicians who can work in various locations in California and Nevada. The company is looking for a Semi Service Technician in Fremont, Stockton, Fresno, Rocklin in California, and in Sparks, Reno in Nevada. Specialists in this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Work alongside Engineering and Development teams to provide direct product feedback
- Be the FIRST Semi Service technicians in the field
- Support the Tesla Semi Fleet that will move Tesla cargo between our own factories
- Support our first customers and repair their fleet as needed
- Travel to customers and work alongside with their technicians in their workshops
- Create/maintain repair instructions to be used by anyone servicing a Tesla Semi
- Set the standard and provide feedback on tooling and utilization
- Support Tesla Service Centers, as needed.
© 2021, Eva Fox. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.