Tesla expands recruitment for the construction of a lithium refinery plant in Corpus Christi, Texas. In addition to an Area Superintendent and an Area Construction Manager, the company is looking for a Project Scheduler who will also be one of the key employees in plant construction operations.
Construction of the new Tesla plant in Corpus Christi continues to gain momentum. In mid-November, Tesmanian reported that Tesla had begun recruiting for its lithium refinery plant in Corpus Christi, Texas. At that time, the company was only looking for an Area Superintendent and an Area Construction Manager. Now, the recruitment for employees has expanded, and it became known on January 9 that Tesla is also looking for a Project Scheduler.
In the description of the role, Tesla revealed that the person in this position would play a critical role in the construction of the plant. This requires an experienced person who has previously worked on the construction of projects worth more than $ 500 million.
“This role will support all project phases from engineering through commissioning of construction by providing project management with critical decision-making information that ensures projects are delivered on time. The Scheduler will collaborate closely with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure accurate schedule development and reporting to track project performance.”
The direct responsibilities of the Project Scheduler include:
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Superintendents, and other team members to create effective schedules, applying construction knowledge and utilizing Critical Path Method principles and techniques
- Ability to cost and/or resource load schedule activities
- Ability to develop S-Curves to track basic cost and schedule performance
- Issue weekly and monthly schedule updates, including identifying critical and near critical schedule paths
- Support 3-week look ahead schedule mtgs
- Aggregate all schedules by location into an Integrated Master Schedule
- Support Change Management by developing ‘What-If’ schedules to show potential impacts of incorporating new scope of work into the baseline schedule
- Produce reports/dashboards to communicate schedule performance to various teams.
- Develop schedules to facilitate multiple levels of reporting as required for differing stakeholders
Last week, Tesmanian exclusively reported that Tesla has begun preparing the site for construction. Now, the dirt road that runs along the site is covered with gravel. This may mean that it is being prepared for cars to drive on it due to the start of construction. In addition, an official sign has now been installed near the site, announcing that Tesla is building a lithium refinery at this site. This was the first significant sign that the construction of Tesla's facility, which is said will be processing spodumene concentrate for use in the production of 4680 battery cells, had begun.
© 2023, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.