Tesla plans to expand into new markets, including South America. The company is now looking for a General Manager to launch the market in Chile.
The bigger Tesla gets, the more positive impact it can have on the global auto market. Therefore, the company is constantly striving to expand into various countries. Tesla has plans to expand into South America, as its new job posting hints. @SawyerMerritt/X noticed that Tesla posted a new job on LinkedIn. The company is looking for a General Manager in Chile, the first public mention of development in the country. The manufacturer clearly stated that the person in this position should help launch the market in the country and will be the face of the brand. The General Manager will play a key role in shaping the company's corporate image while accelerating the transition to sustainable energy, the manufacturer wrote.
Tesla listed the responsibilities of the General Manager:
- Identify, develop, and execute activities to launch and develop the market; create a customer base and grow market share while delivering an exceptional ownership experience
- Hire, develop, motivate, and retain a high-performing and engaged team who are willing to experiment, learn, and innovate to drive results.
- Provide critical perspective and guidance on decisions impacting outcomes within the market.
- Collaborate closely with central (HQ-based) operations and performance functions to ensure aligned strategy and seamless execution in the field.
- Continuously analyze market trends, competition, and customer feedback, using data-driven insights, to refine our growth strategy.
- Collaborate and assist in managing the real estate strategy, from location search to opening - across the portfolio of retail, delivery, and service.
- Ensure operational excellence, optimizing efficiency and compliance with local regulations for tangible performance improvements.
- Establish an efficient service organization nationwide, resulting in increased capacity and productivity.
- Actively participate in the strategic design of our charging infrastructure in the market.
- Led the team to deliver an exceptional customer experience resulting in higher customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Foster strong partnerships with external business partners and internal stakeholders.
- Understand the regulatory and policy landscape, working to define a strategy to maximize local incentives and coordinating with key stakeholders to promote EV adoption.
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned to help us achieve the mission.
BREAKING: @Tesla to launch in South America.— Sawyer Merritt (@SawyerMerritt) October 16, 2023
Tesla has posted a job opening for a General Manager position located in Chile: "Identify, develop, and execute activities to launch and develop the market; create a customer base and grow market share while delivering an exceptional… pic.twitter.com/Kt006ODciS
© 2023, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.