Tesla’s long road to 1 million electric vehicles was depicted in a YouTube video recently. The commemorative video commemorated all the accomplishments and hurdles Tesla has achieved and overcome throughout the years.
Tesla’s Original Roadster Era
- July 2003 -Tesla founded
- Feb 2004 - Elon Musk joins Tesla as the company’s primary investor. The same year Elon Musk became CEO and product architect of Tesla.
- July 2006 - Tesla unveils Roadster prototype
- Feb 2008 - First Tesla Roadster delivered to Elon Musk
The Dawn of Tesla’s Model S and Model X
- March 2009 - Tesla unveils Model S prototype
- Oct 2010 - Tesla Fremont factory starts production
- Oct 2011 - Tesla holds official Model S unveiling event
- Jan 2012 - Tesla ends Roadster production and deliveries
- Feb 2012 - Tesla officially unveils the Model X
- June 2012 - Tesla delivers first Model S vehicle
- Q1 2013 - Model S production output reaches 10,000 units
- April 2014 - Tesla delivers its first vehicle in China
- Oct 2014 - Tesla holds event to unveil dual-motor Model S and Autopilot tech
- Sept 2015 - Tesla delivers first Model X
The Birth of Tesla’s Model 3
- March 2016 - Tesla unveils the Model 3
- July 2016 - Gigafactory Nevada starts production
- End of 2016 - Gigafactory New York starts operations
- Feb 2017 - Tesla Motor renamed Tesla Inc.
- July 2017 - Tesla delivers first Model 3
- Nov 2017 - Tesla unveils the Semi and the next-gen Roadster
- Feb 2018 - Elon Musk’s personal Tesla Roadster gets launched into space during the Falcon Heavy’s maiden flight.
- Q2 2018 - Tesla Model 3 ramp hits its stride, effectively ending production hell
- July 2018 - Tesla confirms Shanghai, China will be the location of next Gigafactory
Elon Musk’s Master Plan Comes Together
- Jan 2019 - Gigafactory 3 Shanghai construction starts
- March 2019 - Tesla announces V3 Supercharging
- March 2019 - Tesla unveils the Model Y
- April 2019 - Tesla announces its Hardware 3 chip for its Full Self-Driving suite
- Nov 2019 - Giga Shanghai’s first release candidate of the China-made Model 3 comes off the production line
- Nov 2019 - Tesla confirms Berlin as the location for Gigafactory Europe
- Nov 2019 - Tesla unveils the Cybertruck
- Jan 2020 - Elon Musk attends Tesla China’s MIC Model 3 delivery event for local customers at Giga Shanghai
- Jan 2020 - Tesla announces Model Y deliveries will start in March and it will start Semi production soon
- March 2020 - Gigafactory Shanghai increases its production capacity while Giga Berlin construction is in progress
- March 2020 - Tesla makes its 1,000,000th vehicle
Now it is the era when Elon Musk's Master Plan for Tesla will bear some fruit. There is still much to accomplish and overcome, but Tesla has persevered in the past, so it can undoubtedly handle the future.
Featured Image Credit: Tesla
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.