Autopilot is an advanced driver assistance system that enhances driving safety and comfort. There are two Autopilot packages available for purchase: Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability, but residents of China and Europe can access the Enhanced Autopilot package, which now has recently been updated.
- Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your car to that of the surrounding traffic
- Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane, and uses traffic-aware cruise control
Full Self-Driving capabilities:
- Navigate on Autopilot (Beta): Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit
- Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged
- Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch
- Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key
- Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.
- Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
- Upcoming: Autosteer on city streets
Now in the configurator for Europe and China, the Enhanced Autopilot package has appeared.
- Navigate on Autopilot
- Auto lane change
Enhanced Autopilot package for Europeans costs €3,800 ($4,600).
Enhanced Autopilot package for Chinese residents costs ¥32,000 ($3,940).
This package has a lot of features that will satisfy Tesla owners. At the same time, it costs significantly less than FSD and is more affordable and convenient for a large number of consumers.
© 2021, Eva Fox. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Article edited by @SmokeyShorts, you can follow him on Twitter
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.