Tesla is expanding its Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) tester team worldwide. Now applicants from Canada, Spain, France, and Italy can apply and become an official Tesla employee to accelerate vehicle-level testing for all current and future Autopilot features on the path to full self-driving (FSD).
Tesla is actively developing and improving autonomous driving systems. Over the past year, the company has made great strides and has been able to release FSD Beta, which takes autonomous driving to a whole new level. In addition, the company has developed Tesla Vision, with which Autopilot and FSD use only cameras, and radars are not needed.
At the moment, Tesla has a wide base of testers in the USA, but the company's plans were never limited to this. In an effort to develop autonomous driving systems for worldwide use, Tesla has opened recruiting for the position of ADAS Test Operator in a number of countries such as Canada, Spain, France, and Italy. At the moment, the company is looking for candidates in Toronto, Barcelona, Paris, and Milan. All cities stand out for their heavy traffic, making them ideal testing environments.
The job descriptions indicate that the ADAS test operators will be responsible to identify improvements and regressions across software iterations. For this, employees will have to travel to various domestic and international destinations. In addition, if necessary, vehicles will have to be tested both on public roads and on test tracks and proving grounds.
- Survey the local region and design routes with perspective scenarios for Autopilot testing.
- Design test specs and create judgment criteria using tools such as XRAY.
- Study and familiarize with the latest Autopilot version and other relevant vehicle features.
- Execute real-world testing according to test specifications, as well as providing ad-hoc support for specifically requested scenarios.
- Analyze test data, triage software issues and abnormal vehicle behaviors using Tesla in-house designed proprietary software tools.
- Communicate with developers and test engineers, be on-call for questions/comments if necessary.
- Maintain and document test vehicle condition, coordinate repairs/retrofits as necessary.
- Support any other vehicle engineering testing as needed.
The emergence of new positions for testing ADAS in various countries around the world indicates that Tesla intends to actively develop in these markets in the near future. Earlier, the CEO of the company, Elon Musk, mentioned that FSD Beta may become available in Canada and Europe by the end of 2021, but only after it is approved by regulators. Tesla seems to have made some progress towards its goals.
© 2021, Eva Fox. All rights reserved.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
About the Author
Eva Fox joined Tesmanian in 2019 to cover breaking news as an automotive journalist. The main topics that she covers are clean energy and electric vehicles. As a journalist, Eva is specialized in Tesla and topics related to the work and development of the company.