Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) has announced that the 2021 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will take place on October 7 at the manufacturer's Fremont factory. Those who cannot join the event in person will be able to watch it online.
Tesla announced that the 2021 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will take place on Thursday, October 7, 2021, at 2:30 pm PT at Tesla’s Fremont plant located at 45500 Fremont Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94538. The manufacturer has invited all stockholders as of close of business on August 9, 2021, to attend the Meeting in person. For the convenience of all shareholders, the company will also broadcast its 2021 Annual Meeting live over the Internet at www.tesla.com/2021shareholdermeeting.
The agenda of the 2021 Annual Meeting will be the following items of business:
1. A Tesla proposal to elect two Class II directors to serve for a term of three years, subject to the approval of Proposal Two, or until their respective successors are duly elected and qualified (“Proposal One”). "FOR"
2. A Tesla proposal for adoption of amendments to certificate of incorporation to reduce director terms to two years (“Proposal Two”). "FOR"
3. A Tesla proposal for adoption of amendments to certificate of incorporation and bylaws to eliminate applicable supermajority voting requirements (“Proposal Three”). "NONE"
4. A Tesla proposal to ratify the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Tesla's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2021 (“Proposal Four”). "FOR"
5. A stockholder proposal regarding reduction of director terms to one year, if properly presented (“Proposal Five”). "AGAINST"
6. A stockholder proposal regarding additional reporting on diversity and inclusion efforts, if properly presented (“Proposal Six”). "AGAINST"
7. A stockholder proposal regarding reporting on employee arbitration, if properly presented (“Proposal Seven”). "AGAINST"
8. A stockholder proposal regarding assigning responsibility for strategic oversight of human capital management to an independent board-level committee, if properly presented (“Proposal Eight”). "AGAINST"
9. A stockholder proposal regarding additional reporting on human rights, if properly presented (“Proposal Nine”). "AGAINST"
Tesla warned that although they are currently intending to hold the 2021 Annual Meeting on October 7, 2021 and in person, the company will continue to monitor public health and travel safety protocols required or recommended by federal, state and local governments. If necessary or advisable to protect their personnel and stockholders, Tesla will change the date, time, location and/or format of the Meeting and/or require specific attendance conditions or procedures. If the company does so, they will publicly announce any such changes in advance, such as through a press release and/or a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
We appreciate your readership! Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.